Friday, November 4, 2011

Bedroom decor

   Hi everyone!  I have been working on getting my room all redecorated and put together so I figured I would share some of my tips.  First of all, don't ever count Ross out!  Some days when I walk in there I can't find a single thing I would buy, but other days it's packed!  Over the summer I realized they have a pretty great room decorating section.  So far I found a ton of stuff, like wall hangings, bed sheets, and an eiffel tower wire model I use as an earring rack.

   I've been on a black and white kick lately so everything I pick it out is either a black and white print, black, or white.  Zebra print was a favorite of mine last year, so maybe that's when I got sucked in to my two tone palette.  I have also started to love the color red, which is weird because I have always hated it since I was little.

   Moving on... another thing is make sure to think about the small things.  Just because you want to change the look of your room mean you need to spend a ton of money on furniture.  I focused on accent pieces to make my statement, like changing out my bedding and adding a zebra print rug.

   Another thing to watch out for is over doing it, if you like polka dots then you can incorporate the print very easily into your decor through pillows and throws, but you don't need to plaster the print onto everything.  I think a nice mixture with balance is key.

  My last tip is: think about what you're going to do with it before you buy it!!!  Every time I walk in to a store I see different benches and seats I could put in my room, but with a little control I visualize my room and think about if I have any room for the item.  99 percent of the time it's a "No Morgan, put it back," and if I did get the seat I would probably just have a pretty chair in the middle of my floor, so for me planning is essential.

   I hope I gave you some ideas on cheaper ways to revamp your space!  Bye (:

2 comments:

  1. These are some great tips! I'm in the middle of doing my room too, so this post is really helpful! :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com is my blog if you wanna follow... I'm announcing an awesome giveaway at 50 followers! :D
    Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will check your blog out (:

    ReplyDelete