Saturday, November 12, 2011

DIY Spa Day

Hey everyone!
   Last weekend, a friend and I decided to have an unwind/ de-stress day.  We made a bunch of little "potions" and hoped for good results. (:  In about half an hour we had concocted a facial, nose treatment, lip scrub, and a hand/foot scrub.
   Out of these, I'm pretty sure the pumpkin "facial" and raspberry/mint nose treatment didn't do anything except irritate our skin.  Maybe I missed the benefits, but as far as I can tell there weren't any.  However, we made a brown sugar lip scrub that was AMAZING.  It felt so so good, tasted so sweet (I didn't eat it, just got a little on the inside of my lips while I was moving it around to exfoliate.) and was really easy to make.
   To make the lip scrub combine brown sugar and olive oil in a small bowl.  This doesn't require very much product, so just make what you think you will use. (We made too much of everything!)
   The hand/foot scrub was really great also.  My friend's mom made it, but I'm pretty sure it was just white sugar and olive oil.  The sugar feels really good while you have it on, then when you wash the scrub off the olive oil leaves hands perfectly moisturized and so very very soft!
   Here are some pictures of our little creations:

Nose treatment


hand/foot sugar scrub


Pumpkin face mask... doesn't look so good


Brown sugar lip scrub


Cupcake scented candle!


Raspberry cucumber water, yum (:
  I hope you are inspired to have your own diy spa day now!  Even if some of the mixtures were a total flop, it was a fun and cheap little activity for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment