Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fun Reads

 Hey everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving!!  Before continuing with the post, I would like to write a little list of things I am thankful for:

  • My jack russel, Andy, who pretends to listen to me and entertains me with his cute little ways... he tucks himself in sometimes and it always brings a big grin onto my face.
  • Having food always available and a home, basic things we often overlook, but actually mean so much to us.
  • A loving family that teaches me and brings so much happiness into my life.
  • Lastly, friends.  Without my friends I don't know what I would do. 
   Onward to one of my favorite book series!  The Clique by Lisi Harrison was something I found out about in the middle of sixth grade, I think.  I have read the series multiple times and I just started reading it once again.  I'm not going to spoil anything in case you want to check them out, but I will give a little description.  The series is about five girls, four of them are growing up in Westchester County, New York and go to an exclusive private school.  The last character, Claire, is the new girl.  She was brought up wearing GAP, unlike the other girls who lounge around in cashmere and toss last seasons Prada bag out.  Each book is somewhere around 200 pages, so they are pretty quick reads.  The books go through all of their drama and fights.  There is a movie, but I prefer the books.  If you have watched Gossip Girl, I think that is very similar to The Clique
   I hope you check them out and enjoy the branding and madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment