Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gossip Girl Inspired: Serena Van Der Woodsen

Has anyone else discovered the pure magic of Gossip Girl?  Gossip Girl is a drama about the privileged kids of the Upper-East Side.  With stars like Blake Lively and Leighton Meester it is one of my favorite TV series to watch, along with Glee, Pretty Little Liars, and Make it or Break it.  I can always find inspiration while watching the show, along with getting sucked in to all of the occurring drama! 

Not only is their wardrobe inspiring, but their makeup and hair!  So effortlessly chic and perfect all the time.  Now, if anyone in the real world tried to pull of Blair's headbands and Serena's bedhead look we would probably all just end up looking silly.  However, there are a few unique things I think us commoners could pull off!

This isn't the most attractive picture, but it was what I could find for this blazer/tank combo:
 Picture
 I love the ease of this, it's a little of everything.  Daring, polished, and feminine, I think this could easily be achieved with a fitted blazer and a sparkly racerback tank.  Some look-a-like options could be:
XOXO Jacket, V Neck Three Quarter <em>Fitted Blazer</em>Sashimi Fine Stripe Blazer (Juniors)
Necessary Objects&#8482; Menswear Blazer (Juniors)


4 comments:

  1. i like the look of blazers and tanks :) i neeeeed to get a blazer!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know me too! But I'm not sure if a small freshman (me) can pull it off without looking to business-y or like I'm trying to dress old :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a black blazer and I loooooove mine! It's from h&m so it wasn't expensive and it doesn't look too businessy it's just the way you style it :) great post btw! I'm lovin your blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you (: My first two subscribers, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete